1. Hi Tessa, where are you from? I’m from Zeeland, Michigan. I had the privilege of growing up in the most beautiful state (in my opinion, at least) in the U.S.
2. If you were an animal, you’d be… It’s actually a tie between a cat, because I’m very independent and love napping, and a tree goat because I love to be unique and forage my own path. By the way, if you don’t know what a tree goat is, google it. I promise they’re real.
3. What’s the best part of your job? I really believe that fashion should be for everyone so, any time I get feedback from a client who loves a piece that I sent him I get really excited.
4. The worst? I hate it when I can’t figure out someone’s style. I think I usually do a good job of picking up on most of my clients’ taste, but every now and then someone comes along who I just can’t nail down and it drives me nuts!
5. Who is your style muse and why? Don’t laugh, but it’s Shia Labeouf. I love that his casual clothes look lived in and a little worn, but when he dresses up it’s all about the perfect fit. I just really appreciate anyone who gets dressed for themselves before anyone else and I think he definitely does that.
6. If I could go into a Bombfellow’s closet and throw out one article of clothing, it would be … Anything that doesn’t make them feel good to wear. There are way too many clothes in the world to wear things that make you feel bad about yourself!
7. Best style advice you’ve ever got: If you like it, wear it. When I finally started to dress to impress myself first, I found that getting dressed was way easier and I was so much more comfortable with how I looked. If someone doesn’t like something you’re wearing who cares? They don’t have to wear it!
8. Style advice you want to give your Bombfellows: Always try everything on! It’s so hard to tell how you’ll feel about a piece until you’re actually wearing it and the things you like may just surprise you. 🙂
9. What’s your secret talent? I’m a huge textile nerd, so I can usually identify what fabric is made out of just by touching it.