Meet the Stylist: Michelle H.
1. Hi Michelle, where are you from? Monroe, New York
2. Tell us something few people know about you: I have an obsession with quotes. When I was younger, I was never comfortable with keeping a diary or a journal. Instead, I decided to start a book of quotes. Every time I see or hear a quote that I like, I write it down. I pull the book out whenever I need some inspiration.
3. How would you describe your personal style? It depends on what I’m feeling that day. I can be fun and girly one day and dark and grungy the next. I like to accessorize with pieces that are different from the usual, whether it’s wearing suspenders or sequined gloves. I also have an obsession with fedoras. I have a collection of them that I mix and match with my different outfits!
4. What’s the best part of your job? I love everything about fashion and style, so helping others to figure out their style is pretty awesome!
5. The worst? I’m a people pleaser, so I feel bad when I can’t find someone exactly what they are looking for. It makes me feel like I’m letting them down.
6. Who is your style muse and why? David Beckham! He can rock almost any outfit. He looks great in a suit and tie or jeans and a button-down. No matter what he wears, he looks confident and put-together.
7. If I could go into a Bombfella’s closet and throw out one article of clothing, it would be… Anything that doesn’t fit properly. Clothing that is too baggy or too small looks sloppy and unprofessional.
8. If I had to send the same item to every Bombfella, it would be… A navy and white gingham button-down! I don’t know why, but I love them. I think it is a really classic piece that looks great in any setting.
9. What would you be if you weren’t a stylist? In school I always loved writing, so I would probably be a journalist at a fashion magazine. That or a wedding/fashion photographer!
10. What’s your secret talent? I’ve been told I do pretty good character impersonations! Dr. Evil is a personal favorite!