Meet the Graphic Designer: Mei W.
1. Hi Mei, what do you do at Bombfell?
I’m the graphic designer! Most of the visual branding comes through me at some point, which includes ads, designed emails, videos, postcards, lookbooks, etc.
2. Where are you from?
I grew up in Salt Lake City, Utah (no, I’m not Mormon, no, I don’t ski). Kind of a quirky place but scenically gorgeous.
3. Three words to describe your personal style:
Off duty vampire.
4. What’s the best part of your job?
The variety of things I get to do! Visual identity spans a wide range of mediums so I handle illustrating, photoshopping images, editing videos, coding, and packaging design. I like wearing as many hats as possible!
5. What’s your secret talent?
I’m crafty AF and will take any occasion to make cards for people. I’m pretty flexible and good at fitting into small places. Most people at the office know I also have a bottomless stomach.
6. Favorite meal to order for lunch?
Zhajiang mian! Also salads. I’m such a rabbit, I need copious amounts of vegetables or I feel like I’m dying.
7. The weirdest thing we might find in your Google search history:
I’m curious about everything so I’ve looked up things like shoe contouring, how to bale hay, Lucky Blue Smith’s family, prehistoric sharks (Helicoprion is STRANGE), and the Fermi Paradox. At the office we’re always somehow looking up weird and terrifying bugs.
8. What were you doing before you joined the Bombfell team?
Dinking around at art school in Brooklyn (Pratt Institute) and doing a lot of interning and freelance design.
9. What’s your favorite thing about working at Bombfell?
The people! We laugh a lot every day and everyone is comfortable around each other and wants what’s best for the company.