1. Hi Roger, what do you do at Bombfell? I’d say my responsibilities are split 50/50. Half of it is assisting members with any questions, as well as helping our stylists with anything they need to style our members.
The other half is logistics – connecting with our warehouse to make sure that there are no issues with orders, whether they are on their way out or on their way back.
2. Where are you from? I was born in North Jersey, specifically Clifton, New Jersey!
3. Three words to describe your personal style: Sweaters and hats.
4. What’s the best part of your job? I get to connect with every person in the company. Because the nature of my role and the team I’m in, I really get to touch base with every single team and every person on each team. It’s a great way for me to learn about other parts of the business.
5. What were you doing before you started working at Bombfell? Started off at an advertising market research company, and then hopped over to a startup that provided white label recruitment board technology for their clients. Both offices were in NYC, and both provided a LOT of experience that I now use for my role at Bombfell :)!
6. What’s your secret talent? I’m really good at table soccer (foosball). We had one at my fraternity house in college, and it got to the point where nobody would play me anymore :/.
7. The weirdest thing we might find in your Google search history: “purple sunblock alien kids”. A friend didn’t believe me when I mentioned that Coppertone used to sell sunblock in different colors, such as purple, so I tried searching for the commercial that aired in 1998. I vaguely remembered it had a reference to aliens, so I threw that word in the mix.
8. Your go-to karaoke song? I know a couple Kid Cudi songs, but I can rap through the song “Clint Eastwood” by the Gorillaz.
9. What’s the most rewarding customer interaction you’ve had at Bombfell? There’s quite a few, but one rewarding interaction was with a woman around Christmas time.
Her husband received a Bombfell-exclusive jacket from us, and returned it because he was trying to save money for Christmas gifts but stated that he wished he kept it. Apparently she searched high and low for the jacket so that she could gift it to him, and eventually reached out to us to see if we could find it and send it. That request was a little out-of-the-norm, but we were able to work together to not only identify the jacket, but ship one out to her.
She was extremely thankful (and I did my share of thanking too, since I needed her help to fulfill the request), but I was just glad to help someone out for the holidays!